flawedamythyst: (Default)
[personal profile] flawedamythyst
Horse And Carriage Series (asexual!Sherlock/John)

This list is in chronological order, the bracketed numbers are the order they were written in.

September 2011 Horse And Carriage (PG, 4,859 words) “In fact,” said Sherlock, finally sliding his phone away into his pocket, “I think I've worked out a solution to that.” He sat forward, putting his fingers together in a way that usually signified one of his more brilliant moments of genius. “We should get married.” (1)

October 2011 Rings And Paperwork (PG, 5,270 words) “Really, John, I should think getting married is a bit more important than anything else you could have had planned.” (7)

April 2012 Touch And Feel (PG, 7,473 words) Another text came through and Sherlock glanced at it. “Murdered woman and a missing child,” he announced. “And the murderer left me a note.” (5)

May 2012 Tension And Relaxation (PG, 1,272 words) Yesterday had been the fifth anniversary of John's mother's death, so he had gone back to Chelmsford to pay his respects at the garden of remembrance where her ashes had been scattered. (13)

August 2012/April 2013/January 2014 Wine Stains And Waistcoats (PG, 8,004 words, includes Mycroft/Lestrade) Hang on, thought Lestrade. That sounded as if she and John were on a date. (10)

October 2015 Beds And Bees (PG, 14,690 words) John shifted again and his snoring changed key. Sherlock marked the difference in his mental files on John's sleeping habits. (11)

December 2016 Respect And Affection (PG, 1,097 words) He and John had been married for nearly five years now (2)

December 2016 Sleep And Understanding (PG, 1,214 words) Sherlock stood outside John's bedroom door, fingertips pressed against the wood. (6)

February 2012/September 2014/January 2017 Crime And Commitment (PG, 4,624 words) The first crime scene that John went to after he'd married Sherlock was a bloodbath. (3)

September 2017 Bigots And Allies (PG, 1,970 words) “Sergeant Donovan,” said Sherlock in greeting, apparently completely unembarrassed to be found cuddling his sleeping husband in the middle of the Met's headquarters. (9)

May 2018 Exhaustion And Gratitude (PG, 667 words) There was a special kind of exhaustion that only came after several days of trying to keep up with Sherlock as he rushed from place to place. (4)

October 2021 Paris And Permanence (PG, 6,749 words) “He's trying to surprise the man who knows everything,” explained Mike. (12)

March 2041 Hearts And Flowers (PG, 2,909 words) Over the last few years, the marks of age had grown increasingly obvious on both of them, until John couldn't deny that they were old men. (8)

And, not an official part of the 'verse and probably best described as crack AU:

Sex And Torchwood (PG, 1,583 words) And then, John flicked his tongue out over his lower lip, torn by indecision, and it hit Sherlock like a bolt of lightning, frying his circuits and burning new conduits through his body. (8.5)


*

Lovely

Date: 2011-12-29 01:07 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] zagadska.livejournal.com
This whole series is just lovely. The banter and interaactions and perceptions; I have no words other than this was lovely.

Thank you for sharing.

(Hope to see more of the 'verse, maybe? :D)

Re: Lovely

Date: 2011-12-29 01:53 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] flawedamythyst.livejournal.com
Thank you so much! There is at least one more on the way, though I won't say it'll be any time soon. I've got a quarter of it, maybe, but also a ton of other half-finished fics, and new canon on the way. Still, I can never seem to just leave this 'verse alone, so there's bound to be more. I've certainly enough plot!bunnies for it.
(deleted comment)

Re: This. Just this.

Date: 2012-01-12 11:17 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] flawedamythyst.livejournal.com
Thank you so much! I'm so glad you like this series. I love writing it.

Date: 2012-01-13 09:55 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] slytherinquoll.livejournal.com
I just wanted to let you know I found a link here in the ace tag on Tumblr, and I love how you've written the pair of them. :)

Date: 2012-02-06 01:13 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] flawedamythyst.livejournal.com
Thank you! I'm so sorry I haven't replied earlier, I seem to have missed this comment, somehow.

Date: 2012-03-13 06:17 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] findmeneverland.livejournal.com
I just read this entire verse over the last two days (on my phone, otherwise I would have been commenting as I went along) and just wanted to express my love for your John and Sherlock and their relationship. Absolutely beautiful, and a great interpretation of canon, especially in the way that they don't have to have overt romance or sexuality to still care deeply about one another.

Date: 2012-03-14 01:40 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] flawedamythyst.livejournal.com
Thank you so much! I'm really glad you like their relationship in this.

Date: 2012-03-14 01:52 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] findmeneverland.livejournal.com
I love their relationship in pretty much every form, and therefore love seeing it portrayed believably in different ways!

Date: 2012-03-24 10:42 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] inula-conyza.livejournal.com
Fantastic series! I read the whole thing, and you kept exactly the right characterizations through all of it. Sweet and funny and a very enjoyable read. :)

Date: 2012-03-25 01:07 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] flawedamythyst.livejournal.com
Thank you so much! I am so glad you enjoyed it all, and that it all worked together - it's been written over a very long time, so hearing that it all still hangs together is excellent.

Date: 2012-04-12 03:34 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] granitemouth.livejournal.com
I've only read two fics so far but I had to go back to your page to find the other parts. Too lovely to pass. Brilliant! Brilliant! Thanks so much~

Date: 2012-04-16 12:41 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] flawedamythyst.livejournal.com
Thank you so much! I hope you enjoyed the other parts as well.

Date: 2012-04-18 05:59 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] mildred-bobbin.livejournal.com
wow, I sat up too late last night reading all these and finished today. Each was wonderful and I hope you will be adding more? I loved Bed and Bees especially but they were all excellent. Your characterisation is amazing and love the underlying 'verse, it makes such sense given their personalities, sexual orientations and close friendship.

Date: 2012-04-18 12:12 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] flawedamythyst.livejournal.com
Thank you so much! I'm really pleased this 'verse worked for you. I actually only posted Beds And Bees two days ago, so there's no further fics in the works just yet, but I do have a couple more bits I want to write for them. I expect they'll get written at some stage - I find it very hard to stay away from this 'verse.

Date: 2012-05-26 05:28 pm (UTC)
sanguinity: woodcut by M.C. Escher, "Snakes" (Default)
From: [personal profile] sanguinity
Oh, these are just lovely, thank you! I blew through them in a morning when I really should have been doing other things, but, well... there's something just very nice about a lazy Saturday morning spent over coffee and well-done relationship-porn. :-)

(And if I did get rather shmoopy at my wife while reading all that, then what of it?)

The voices are very nice -- Sherlock so very distinct from John, and bonus Donovan, too! -- and I do love the ongoing give and take over what each needs for themselves and what they each believe the other needs. (And each being moderately accurate about the other's desires, too, hooray! No trumped up misunderstandings for the sake of plot!) And you do it all while staying very true to the characters as depicted. I suppose I should have commented as I went, but I was always greedy for the next installment.

Date: 2012-05-26 06:10 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] flawedamythyst.livejournal.com
Thank you so much! I'm so pleased you liked all these. They really are my guilty pleasure, writing-wise. I'm glad you enjoyed them too.

Date: 2012-07-20 03:47 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] this-is-a-sock.livejournal.com
I really love this 'verse.(and your "elephant" 'verse...and nearly every Sherlock story you've written) However, I must say that It is so wonderful that you have Sherlock being the healthy one in their retirement and John being the more fragile.

It's always been a pet-peeve of mine when I read retirement fics where Sherlock has alzheimer's(uber annoying trope) or is the more fragile. John has spent so long taking care of Sherlock, ensuring his health and sanity, that it makes much more sense that upon retirement John's body (and perhaps eventually mind) would be affected. And, it would finally be time for Sherlock to care for John.

If you ever write another in this 'verse, I do hope that it's even more angsty(you do angst so beautifully) in regards to John's failing health.

Date: 2012-07-21 03:17 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] flawedamythyst.livejournal.com
Thank you! I have to say, I have a greater tendency to harm John in fics, at any age, mainly because I feel like everyone already know what John's reaction to a hurt Sherlock is, but Sherlock's reaction to a hurt John is a bit of surprise. Well, a surprise to Sherlock&John, anyway. Forcing him to have unfamiliar emotions like that gives you more to play with, writing-wise.

I do have vague headcanon that after the heart attack, Sherlock is rather bossy about John's health, keeping a rather obsessive track of his cholesterol count/exercise regime and all that. Not sure I'll ever find a way to write it, though - I have so much headcanon for this 'verse, it's insane.

Date: 2013-08-31 04:57 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] chocolate-inyx.livejournal.com
This was absolutely gorgeous. I loved it to pieces.

Date: 2013-09-07 12:44 am (UTC)

Profile

flawedamythyst: (Default)
flawedamythyst

March 2016

S M T W T F S
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27 28293031  

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 27th, 2026 04:00 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios