flawedamythyst: (Lotr Wander)
[personal profile] flawedamythyst
Okay, so, I do this thing where I download every scrap of music people upload - fic STs, random music posts, everything, unless I already know I really won't like it, or I've already got it. Then, I move the files, usually without being listened to, to a folder in my Music folder called New Files, where they slowly gather until I have way too many and finally get round to going through them all, renaming them all appropriately, and making sure I actually want them.

Which is all fine, usually, but today it's backfired. I have a cover of House Of The Rising Sun by someone who sound a bit like Muse, or Placebo, or someone like that, but the file doesn't say who it is, and I have no idea when/where/why I got the track. SO! Has anyone here recently uploaded such a cover/know of a band who sounds like that who've done a cover/has any idea what I might be talking about? I hate unknown files.




The Eels - PS You Rock My World

James - Five-O

The Wallflowers - When You're On Top

David Bowie - Wild Is The Wind

The Bluetones - Heard You Were Dead

The Zutons - Remember Me

Semisonic - Act Naturally




Also, it's getting to that time of year again when I start getting excited about Christmas Cards. Usual stuff applies: I love sending them, so don't worry if you can't send back or live miles away, and I promise not to use your address for anything totally evil or write truly disturbing porny things on the envelope (unless you want me to.)

[Poll #1488890]


I've managed to lose all my addresses since last year, so, if I sent you a postcard from Zante, I have your address, if not you should send it to me at flawedamythyst at gmail.com.


*

Date: 2009-11-22 05:42 pm (UTC)
violateraindrop: (SPN: Abandon All Hope...)
From: [personal profile] violateraindrop
Muse has definitely made a cover of that song. I think I even heard it once years ago, so I don't remember what it sounds like at all.

Date: 2009-11-23 02:52 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] flawedamythyst.livejournal.com
Hmmm...it does sound Muse-like. I shall have to hunt a copy of that down on Youtube or somewhere and compare. Thank you!

Date: 2009-11-22 10:09 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] annabeth.livejournal.com
Gyah. I am pretty sure [livejournal.com profile] fleshflutter posted a cover of that song, but even though I think I downloaded it I don't remember the artist either, though I suggest asking her?

'Cause the post is gone now (locked, I think) but she would probably know.

Sorry I can't be of more help. :(

Date: 2009-11-23 02:53 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] flawedamythyst.livejournal.com
Ah, okay, cool, I'll try her then. Thank you.

Date: 2009-11-22 11:05 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] belledewinter.livejournal.com
I absolutely want a card. I have yours ready, too. I seem to have the wrong address, though. ._.

Date: 2009-11-23 02:53 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] flawedamythyst.livejournal.com
Ah, wrong address. That's cool, I'll email you the new one.

Date: 2009-11-23 12:24 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] raths-kitten.livejournal.com
Heh, I am the same with music. Except for I create folders for the people I got them from. So yours would go to "Amy". Or maybe just the general folder, since it's not so much. ;) And I'll definitely download that Semisonic song. I don't know it! I think?

Date: 2009-11-25 12:59 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] flawedamythyst.livejournal.com
Oh, I have to have mine by artist and album, or I can never find anything, and that frustrates me.

Date: 2009-11-23 01:48 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] leodragon1.livejournal.com
Suddenly everyone on my flist is offering to send Christmas cards (how did I miss that last year?), and I'm being a slut greedy bitch and saying yes to everyone. *facepalm* And if I glance to my left, I can see the postcard you sent me from "The fantastic island of Zakyhthos", so odds are pretty good you've still got my address. If you don't, let me know, 'k?

Also, I so totally want you to write porny stuff on the envelope, just to mess with the postman, hee hee!

Er, I just realised that I forgot to reply when you said that the postman fic idea would be on hold for a bit. That's perfectly alright, it fits right in with my EPIC procasination when it comes to writing. Plus, alien!fic? Yay.

Date: 2009-11-25 01:00 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] flawedamythyst.livejournal.com
Hah! Seems like this year most of my Flist saying they can't afford cards.

And, yes, I should have your address - if I don't, I'll let you know.

Profile

flawedamythyst: (Default)
flawedamythyst

March 2016

S M T W T F S
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27 28293031  

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 27th, 2026 08:05 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios