flawedamythyst: (SPN Morpheus)
[personal profile] flawedamythyst
Well, the bit at my Dad's - Christmas Eve and the day itself was okay, although I did get a bit peopled-out at about 6pm on Xmas Day. There was fun and jollity and so much food that I now feel like a whale. We watched Mamma Mia, which is not an experience I feel I have to repeat any time soon, and no one killed anyone. Not even when my youngest stepbrother played with his finger-drumkit for the four hundredth time.

Then today we went to Mum's, which was....less good, I guess. Both me and my brother were tired, I was so over people and food, Mum had, yet again, randomly invited Church People to eat with us, and Roger was...kinda out of it, actually. I suspect the drugs he's on at the moment are the Good Shit. Tom got involved in a science vs. religion 'discussion' with the Church People - never a good thing, Mum drank WAY too much champagne, and the whole thing just dragged on too long, really. Also, someone dissed Princes Charles, and Roger nearly had an apoplexy.

Still, I'm home now, and everyone has said lovely things about my Christmas Fics (here, if you missed them) and I can sleep now in my own, awesome bed.

Tomorrow, I have work. That's just not cool.

Date: 2008-12-26 11:51 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] raths-kitten.livejournal.com
Ah family, gotta love them. Inviting random Church People sounds no fun at all though. Although I had the other extreme of no real Christmas at all, except for the gift exchange over the floor, no tree, so actually I could have done with one or two of those. ;)

Hope work won't be too busy.

Date: 2008-12-26 11:56 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] flawedamythyst.livejournal.com
Well, the Church People this year were better than the ones last year, at least. And they did put a buffer between me and Roger, which is always a good thing.

*hugs* Sorry your Christmas was quiet - I guess we should have put our two Christmasses together then divided by two, in order to get a happy medium.

Date: 2008-12-28 11:34 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] raths-kitten.livejournal.com
Hehe, yes. Once again, too bad we live too far apart. ;)

Date: 2008-12-27 02:32 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] fpvs.livejournal.com
Why would you invite people around to celebrate with you unless you were going to supply them with a good argument-free time?!?!?! Stupid.

Date: 2008-12-27 12:24 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] flawedamythyst.livejournal.com
Well, I'm pretty sure Mum didn't factor in Tom going all rationalist scientist on them when she invited them.

Date: 2008-12-27 12:29 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] fpvs.livejournal.com
*giggles* Awww... Poor her. :( She was all, JOY! Christmas! Christ and love and JOY! ... yeah? :(

Date: 2008-12-27 12:31 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] flawedamythyst.livejournal.com
Uh...she was more 'CHAMPAGNE IS AMAZING! HAVE SOME!!'

Date: 2008-12-27 12:37 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] fpvs.livejournal.com
HAHA That's what my Dad's like. Only he's then, "WINE IS ALSO AMAZING!" And then, later on, "DESERT WINE IS AMAZING AS WELL!" Yes, my Dad loves to make people drink copious amounts of alcohol...

Date: 2008-12-28 11:45 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] belledewinter.livejournal.com
Ah, Christmas. Gotta love it. :/

... But science vs religion debates are fun! *whines*

Date: 2008-12-28 11:24 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] flawedamythyst.livejournal.com
The problem with science vs. religion discussions when it comes to Mum and Tom is, it always comes down to Mum going 'well, it's all about whether you have faith, or don't' and Tom says 'Well, you do and I don't' and then they glare at each other for a while.

Profile

flawedamythyst: (Default)
flawedamythyst

March 2016

S M T W T F S
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27 28293031  

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 28th, 2026 04:08 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios