I fucking hate where I work. I'm so angry.
Everytime I go away, something goes wrong with me booking time off for it, and yeah, ok, sometimes it's my fault, but often it's not.
The latest thing is this weekend, when we're taking the Guides away camping. I handed in a holiday form for it a month ago, heard nothing, assumed it was ok.
This week, I looked on the Cover Needed sheet, and my hours weren't done, so I've just phoned the deputy manager, and she said, "Oh, didn't Kim (manager) talk to you? You have a lot of time off recently - you've only got 6 hours more that you're entitled to, so she was going to talk to you about it." (which means she was going to refuse.)
They tell me this on the Thursday before the weekend.
I acted slightly pathetic, used the word 'Guides' a lot and she said she'd see what she can do. She's now phoning our manager to talk to her about it...for fuck's sake, why couldn't this have all been done weeks ago, when I might have stood a chance of being able to drop out if they say no? I can't not go now.
God, I'm so angry. And thinking about other times I'm going to need off - like the Euro-Disney weekend. God, I haven't asked about that yet, there's no way they're going to let me have it. Apparently, I've only got 6 hours left of holiday left until March, and that'll all go this weekend, if I get it.
Maybe I should look for a new job, just so I can get some more holiday time.
Everytime I go away, something goes wrong with me booking time off for it, and yeah, ok, sometimes it's my fault, but often it's not.
The latest thing is this weekend, when we're taking the Guides away camping. I handed in a holiday form for it a month ago, heard nothing, assumed it was ok.
This week, I looked on the Cover Needed sheet, and my hours weren't done, so I've just phoned the deputy manager, and she said, "Oh, didn't Kim (manager) talk to you? You have a lot of time off recently - you've only got 6 hours more that you're entitled to, so she was going to talk to you about it." (which means she was going to refuse.)
They tell me this on the Thursday before the weekend.
I acted slightly pathetic, used the word 'Guides' a lot and she said she'd see what she can do. She's now phoning our manager to talk to her about it...for fuck's sake, why couldn't this have all been done weeks ago, when I might have stood a chance of being able to drop out if they say no? I can't not go now.
God, I'm so angry. And thinking about other times I'm going to need off - like the Euro-Disney weekend. God, I haven't asked about that yet, there's no way they're going to let me have it. Apparently, I've only got 6 hours left of holiday left until March, and that'll all go this weekend, if I get it.
Maybe I should look for a new job, just so I can get some more holiday time.
no subject
Date: 2006-09-21 12:51 pm (UTC)Stupid work people... they're so annoying.
I hope that it works out... but maybe you shoud get a better job if that one is so annoying (And if you can get one)
That sucks. Gr.
*hugs*
no subject
Date: 2006-09-21 01:57 pm (UTC)She's phoned me back, and I'm covering some shifts next week and hopefully it'll be ok but...goddamn it, I'm just so angry about the whole thing.
no subject
Date: 2006-09-21 02:05 pm (UTC)Oh, good. I'm glad its basically sorted. I hope it does stay good.
And if it doesn't *glares* I'll be over there to sort them out!
*hugs*
no subject
Date: 2006-09-21 02:24 pm (UTC)Ooh! If I say it's not sorted, will you come over here? I'd love to meet you.
no subject
Date: 2006-09-21 02:28 pm (UTC)Oooh! Yes! Yes I will! I'd so love to meet you too!
*grin*
no subject
Date: 2006-09-22 12:44 am (UTC)I haven't had time to look through the fic for you - I'm really sorry, and I'm off camping tomorrow until Sunday, so I'll probably email you about it on Monday.
*much love*
no subject
Date: 2006-09-22 01:04 am (UTC)Aww. That's cool. Have heaps and heaps of fun camping, I hope it totally makes up for the crap at work.
*much love right back*