flawedamythyst: (Arieldreams)
[personal profile] flawedamythyst


Miss Patrick was already sitting at her desk, idly thinking about whether Xander ate his steaks rare after the Hyena incident, or well-done in a reaction against having eaten a pig alive, when her class began to trail back from lunch.
Emily, Rebecca and Beth came in first, heads close together as they talked.
"Tempest is better than Gravita," Rebecca pronounced as they sat down.
"No, she's not," disputed Emily, "Making it rain is much less cool than flying. And Gravita can move things without touching them."
Miss Patrick couldn't help eavesdropping - after all, they were talking about her friends.
"If you could have one of their powers," said Beth, changing the subject to avoid an argument, "which would it be?"
There was a pause as they stopped to think about it. Miss Patrick found herself chanting, 'Mindmage, Mindmage, Mindmage,' in her head.
"I'd be Enchantress," said Emily. "She can do most of the things the others do."
"Yeah, but she has to have the spell first, and have stuff with her," argued Beth. "I'd be Blaze - she doesn't have to do anything expect think what she wants to happen."
"I'd be Tempest," announced Rebecca, "Cos she's so much better than all the others and I could strike James with lightning if he tried to kiss us."
It was at this point that Miss Patrick felt she had to interject. "What about Mindmage? She's pretty cool."
The three girls gave her a shared look of derision.
"She's rubbish," said Beth.
"Yeah," said Rebecca, "She can't do anything really cool - just reading people's minds. That's boring."
"She's almost as rubbish as the The Amazingly Healthy Woman Of Health," said Emily.
Miss Patrick remembered watching Anne swim, unharmed, through a vat of acid. That had been pretty amazing.
"Is that who you'd be then," said Rebecca, "Mindmage?"
"I suppose reading minds would be quite useful for a teacher," conceded Emily. "You could tell when people were lying about having done their homework and stuff."
Miss Patrick smiled. "Exactly. I'd always be Mindmage." she paused. "If that were at all possible, but of course, it's not."
By that time, the rest of the class were back from break and sitting down, so she stood up and started holding forth about multiplication, trying to repress the disappointment that 9-yr-olds didn't want to be her.

*****

Just another quiet night out in The Registry, and it was Dave's round. He set down the last two pints and sat down next to Dan.
"...and you can see her nipples," Dave C was saying.
"Yeah, I think I saw that in Nuts," said Dan, taking a sip of his pint.
"What?" said Dave, trying to catch up with the conversation.
"Dave was just saying about Tempest's magic nipples."
Dave became slightly awkward when he realised they were discussing Bryony's nipples, even if it was her illusionary ones. He tried to steer the conversation away from them.
"I've always preferred the Hammer," he joked.
"Well, you might be in there," said Jimmy, "He's obviously either gay or getting some hot, superhero loving."
Dave had a brief moment of wishful thinking.
"Well, the lycra makes me think he's probably a poof," said Dan.
Dave gave a weak smile as the others laughed.

*****

9.07pm Bob the Super said: Dude, you'll never guess what.
9.08pm Superblob said: What?
9.08pm Bob the Super said: I found fanfic about us.
9.09pm Superblob said: No way!
9.09pm Superblob said: Is it disturbing?
9.10pm Bob the Super said: Deeply. I think I'm psychologically scarred. Much of it seems to revolve around the idea that we are having a perpetual orgy.
9.11pm Superblob said: Eugh.
9.13pm Bob the Super said: Wow. Fanfiction has a lot to answer for.
9.16pm Bob the Super said: And it's all so poorly written!
9.17pm Superblob said: I bet.
9.23pm Bob the Super said: The other main genre seems to be, 'Mysterious, beautiful and powerful new super woman turns up, wows us with her brilliance and then gets off with the Hammer.'
9.24pm Superblob said: Lol! If only they knew what he was really like.
9.25pm Bob the Super said: Indeed!
9.29pm Bob the Super said: Ok, I'm going to have to go look for fansites for us now. I'm all curious.
9.30pm Superblob said: Oh dear...try not to get sucked in!
9.34pm Bob the Super said: Ok, there's a lot. An awful lot. Who knew we had a fandom?
9.35pm Suberblob said: Not me! I suppose people will get obsessed with anything.
9.37pm Bob the Super said: True. They seem to pair everyone with Dave, almost at random.
9.37pm Bob the Super said: Oooh, I wonder what the femmeslash is like...
9.39pm Superblob said: No! Don't do it!
9.40pm Bob the Super said: Too late, I'm curous now.
9.47pm Bob the Super said: Omg! Hehe. Main femmeslash pairings are = Blaze/Healthy Girl, Gravita/Tempest and Enchantress/Mindmage.
9.48pm Superblob said: Me and Nat? Eugh.
9.48pm Bob the Super said: Yep. And I get Anne. *shrugs* I can cope with that.
9.49pm Bob the Super said: I think it's based around who we tend to share shifts with, and therefore who we're seen with most. The best bit though, is the high number of Enchantress/Hammer/Mindmage shippers there seem to be.
9.50pm Superblob said: Eugh! Yuck, yuck, yuck!!
9.51pm Bob the Super said: Well, it explains you living together.
9.52pm Superblob said: It's just wrong.
9.54pm Bob the Super said: And lots of people also put you with Bryony, based on this picture:
9.55pm Bob the Super sent file 'EnchantressandTempesthug.jpg'
9.56pm Superblob received file 'EnchantressandTempesthug.jpg'
9.57pm Superblob said: Her necklace broke. I was having to hold her glamour in place manually.
9.57pm Bob the Super said: They don't know that. They think you were giving her an extra-specially friendly hug.
9.58pm Superblob said: Ok, this is really beginning to creep me out.
9.59pm Bob the Super said: Yeah, me too. I think I'm going to step away from fanfiction.net and cleanse my mind with bleach.
9.59pm Superblob said: That's a plan.

Date: 2006-07-27 07:03 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] arglikeapirate.livejournal.com
*snorts* I find this exceptionally amusing. Where's the rest? (if there's a searate link with it all, otherwise I'll just flip through to find it. ;D) I'll read it after I get back from vacation.

Date: 2006-07-27 07:20 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] flawedamythyst.livejournal.com
Thanks!

The rest of it is all behind the 'superheroes' tag, but I can't promise you'll understand much - there's a lot of jokes that are only understandable if you know my friends.

Date: 2006-07-27 07:32 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] charientia.livejournal.com
Ok. It was all going so well and then there was femmeslash! Although, you know the fandom would happen...

Date: 2006-07-27 08:03 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] flawedamythyst.livejournal.com
Well, it's hard to see how there wouldn't be femmeslash, really, given the circumstances.

Was it ok, though?

Date: 2006-07-27 10:16 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] meebles.livejournal.com
LOL!

Ooh, aaaand you were so totally on the cover of The News' property bit today. Bwahaha!

Date: 2006-07-27 10:57 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] flawedamythyst.livejournal.com
Yes! Yes I was. I'm famous! Did you see me inside? In the study?

You're talking to a celebrity.

Date: 2006-07-27 11:07 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] meebles.livejournal.com
LOL! Yes I was very amused by that photo inside. Like you'd been working busily away at the desk and had just been interrupted like "yes?"

:D

Date: 2006-07-28 01:16 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] flawedamythyst.livejournal.com
I was reading fic. Is that really a surprise? I was trying to put on a face that said, 'this is very important uni work' rather than 'I'm reading stories about hot boys getting it on.'

I'm not sure I managed it.

Date: 2006-07-28 01:17 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] meebles.livejournal.com
HAHA! :D I knew it. :p

Profile

flawedamythyst: (Default)
flawedamythyst

March 2016

S M T W T F S
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27 28293031  

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 27th, 2026 03:33 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios