Ok, so, it's been a few days - been busy with birthday stuff. I had a lovely birthday - the circus was great and then we all went to various pubs where people bought me drinks. I got some brilliant presents, including Maid Marian and her Merry Men on DVD (best 80s' kids show EVER!), a novel about the Wicked Witch of the West (one of my alteregos) and a smoothie maker. Life is good.
Last night was the first Guide meeting of the term, which was hellish, as we now have 22 of them, a ridiculously tiny hall and no manacles. (For an hour and a half every Monday, I channel Filch.) We did manage to make 2 of them cry, though, by rearranging the Patrols so I feel that we got our revenge in a way. Um...I'm not really a children person - hence the Wicked Witch of the West thing. (Don't ask how I ended up helping at Guides - it's completely's fault.)
My copy of Brokeback Mountain arrived today! YAY! I also ordered Casanova (the tv series with David Tennant, not the film) as well, so now I have a lot of sexy men to watch.
Sadly, I've gone back to uni today, where I remembered several things:
a) It's almost impossible for me to stay awake in my lectures.
b) I'll be getting my marks back for the worst essay I've ever written soon.
c) Our exams are in just over a month.
Comment on this entry and I will give you a letter. Write ten words beginning with that letter in your journal, including an explanation what the word means to you and why, and than pass out letters to those who want to play along. I have been given the letter C by the lovely
alexia75.
1. Chocolate - I adore chocolate. It makes everything better. I have a lot at the moment, and it's making me very happy.
2. Crowley - I'm reading a lot of Crowley/Aziraphale Good Omens fic at the moment. I'm intending to read it again (as soon as I finish the huge pile of books-to-read by my bed) and if anyone reading this hasn't - go, read it now. It's by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. My brother and I have all Pratchett's books between us, except for the last Discworld one, and a couple of the Science of the Discworld ones. Books are one of the few things we have in common.
3. Choke - When I was younger, I had a mildly unfortunate habit of strangling my friends. It was a sign of affection that just went too far. Happily, I'm over it now.
4. Cuthbert - Cuthbert the Crumple-Horned Snorkack, as created by
a_kindara. He's very cute and snaps at those who upset Luna.
5. Canon - Where would fandom be without the Canon that inspires us all?
6. Cloak - My brilliant new, black cloak, of which there will be pictures very, very soon.
7. Caribbean - A year before my mother left my Dad, we all went on a truly brilliant holiday to the Caribbean over Christmas and New Year. We were on a Tall Ship - the Tenacius and we just sailed around the islands for two weeks. It's the time I always think of, when I think of my family, because we've not really done anything as a family since, nor are we likely to.
8. Cocktail - Easily my favourite alcoholic drinks are cocktails. Especially fruity ones.
9. Chauffeur - One day, I will have a chauffeur. And he will be gorgeuos and wear a uniform with one of those little hats. Possibly he will be a Harry/Draco/Cedric amalgamation called Harcodric.
10. Cavalier - When I was in Yr 11 (age 15/16), our whole year put on a Millennium Review. It was great fun, and, as well as doing the sound (*is techie*), I played 'The Roundhead', where I had the opportunity to 'kill' my friend Emily, who was playing 'The Cavalier.' She later turned out to be a complete bitch, but at the time it was great. On the last night, I really went for it and destroyed the sword. Huge chunks of wood flew off in to the audience.
Well, that was a lot more difficult than I thought it would be. And I had to keep resisting the urge to use the word 'catamite.'
Last night was the first Guide meeting of the term, which was hellish, as we now have 22 of them, a ridiculously tiny hall and no manacles. (For an hour and a half every Monday, I channel Filch.) We did manage to make 2 of them cry, though, by rearranging the Patrols so I feel that we got our revenge in a way. Um...I'm not really a children person - hence the Wicked Witch of the West thing. (Don't ask how I ended up helping at Guides - it's completely
My copy of Brokeback Mountain arrived today! YAY! I also ordered Casanova (the tv series with David Tennant, not the film) as well, so now I have a lot of sexy men to watch.
Sadly, I've gone back to uni today, where I remembered several things:
a) It's almost impossible for me to stay awake in my lectures.
b) I'll be getting my marks back for the worst essay I've ever written soon.
c) Our exams are in just over a month.
Comment on this entry and I will give you a letter. Write ten words beginning with that letter in your journal, including an explanation what the word means to you and why, and than pass out letters to those who want to play along. I have been given the letter C by the lovely
1. Chocolate - I adore chocolate. It makes everything better. I have a lot at the moment, and it's making me very happy.
2. Crowley - I'm reading a lot of Crowley/Aziraphale Good Omens fic at the moment. I'm intending to read it again (as soon as I finish the huge pile of books-to-read by my bed) and if anyone reading this hasn't - go, read it now. It's by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. My brother and I have all Pratchett's books between us, except for the last Discworld one, and a couple of the Science of the Discworld ones. Books are one of the few things we have in common.
3. Choke - When I was younger, I had a mildly unfortunate habit of strangling my friends. It was a sign of affection that just went too far. Happily, I'm over it now.
4. Cuthbert - Cuthbert the Crumple-Horned Snorkack, as created by
5. Canon - Where would fandom be without the Canon that inspires us all?
6. Cloak - My brilliant new, black cloak, of which there will be pictures very, very soon.
7. Caribbean - A year before my mother left my Dad, we all went on a truly brilliant holiday to the Caribbean over Christmas and New Year. We were on a Tall Ship - the Tenacius and we just sailed around the islands for two weeks. It's the time I always think of, when I think of my family, because we've not really done anything as a family since, nor are we likely to.
8. Cocktail - Easily my favourite alcoholic drinks are cocktails. Especially fruity ones.
9. Chauffeur - One day, I will have a chauffeur. And he will be gorgeuos and wear a uniform with one of those little hats. Possibly he will be a Harry/Draco/Cedric amalgamation called Harcodric.
10. Cavalier - When I was in Yr 11 (age 15/16), our whole year put on a Millennium Review. It was great fun, and, as well as doing the sound (*is techie*), I played 'The Roundhead', where I had the opportunity to 'kill' my friend Emily, who was playing 'The Cavalier.' She later turned out to be a complete bitch, but at the time it was great. On the last night, I really went for it and destroyed the sword. Huge chunks of wood flew off in to the audience.
Well, that was a lot more difficult than I thought it would be. And I had to keep resisting the urge to use the word 'catamite.'
no subject
Date: 2006-04-26 10:51 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2006-04-27 08:47 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2006-04-26 11:16 am (UTC)a) It's almost impossible for me to stay awake in my lectures.
Yeah, staying awake during lectures is really hard! Writing fanfiction does help, though. :P
6. Cloak - My brilliant new, black cloak, of which there will be pictures very, very soon.
OMG CLOAKS ARE SO SO COOL!!!!! Can't wait to see pictures! :)
(I already did the meme, btw.)
no subject
Date: 2006-04-27 08:49 pm (UTC)Yes, pictures very soon. Well, as soon as I can get my friend to come round and take them.
no subject
Date: 2006-04-29 08:28 am (UTC)Hmmm... you have a point. Most of my study-mates know I write fanfic, but I really don't want them to know what exactly it is I write. :P Fortunately no one was sitting nearby when I was writing.
And yay for pictures soon! YAY! ^^
no subject
Date: 2006-04-26 11:25 am (UTC)And I'm glad you enjoyed the circus :-)
no subject
Date: 2006-04-27 08:47 pm (UTC)Yeah, it was great.
no subject
Date: 2006-04-26 05:56 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2006-04-27 08:51 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2006-04-26 11:18 pm (UTC)Ooh, I was once a Guide! *misses camping* I don't think I'd have the patience to help out though, lol.
Omg, I watched Brokeback for the first time today! Was good, though not what I'd expected really. And I don't recommend watching it with parents in the room *shakes head*
Love the list of C-loves. I doubt my list would have been half as interesting!
And shhhh about exams *is in a state of denial*
*Sapphic*
no subject
Date: 2006-04-28 01:44 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2006-04-28 10:24 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2006-04-29 09:31 am (UTC)