flawedamythyst: (Default)
[personal profile] flawedamythyst

Get your own spectral analysis from Area 23®


If you squint at it sideways, it looks like flames. I love fire.

Also, I'm really fed up with being screwed over by work. First there was the wages thing, then they failed to book my holiday properly, so I got a phonecall whilst I was at the airport asking me why I wasn't in work and then I got back to discover that they hadn't realised that a new timetable in which I can no longer work Thursday afternoons doesn't only last one week, so I'm having to skip my lectures today to go to work. The manager is just so incompetent and slap-dash with everything. If only I could be bothered to go through all the hassle and strain of getting a new job, but it'd be hard to find somewhere within walking distance that only wants 10hrs a week that can be moved around a lot to fit in with uni. Also, I'm not that sure I'd get a good reference from the Co-op at the moment, considering everything.
I hatehatehate having to work. Why can't I have enough money just to go to uni? Stupid money.

job

Date: 2006-03-02 01:37 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] covered-inbees.livejournal.com
hi, you were a random user on my lj. seems like we have stuff in common. have you thought about blockbuster? don't know if you have one, but minimum shift can be 8 hours. they love students and as long as you can string a sentence together along the lines of 'i love movies' you'll probably be fine.

Re: job

Date: 2006-03-03 03:23 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] flawedamythyst.livejournal.com
Hello! Nice to meet you.

Blockbuster might be a possibility...we do have one quite close, but I think I applied to them last summer and they never got back to me.

Re: job

Date: 2006-03-03 05:31 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] covered-inbees.livejournal.com
yeah they can suck like that. a lot of people i've hired were those who just came in on the off chance and looked presentable. easter is really busy though, if you're not going home they might need some help...

Date: 2006-03-02 02:28 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] firescribble.livejournal.com
Oh no. Your manager seems absolutely hopeless. My boss means well but he just keeps mucking things up. He forgets to tell me when he wants me to work and when he's changed my schedual. He's really nice but that really just makes it more annyoing.

I hope you find something better =)

Date: 2006-03-03 03:25 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] flawedamythyst.livejournal.com
See, I think if my mangaer was nice, I could be more generous about it, but she's always whining about what long hours she has to do.

Date: 2006-03-03 12:35 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] war-n-peace.livejournal.com
Ew bad managers! I used to work at an ice cream place - good hours but the manager was always watching us through the security cam.

Good luck with job searching! Sometimes food places hire people really quickly, but I don't know if that's an option for you.

Date: 2006-03-03 03:27 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] flawedamythyst.livejournal.com
Yeah, those security cameras are a bit worrying. I always get really paranoid that I'm being watched from somewhere to make sure I don't slack off.

There's not many food places around me - well, except for MacDonald's, but I'd rather not work there.

Cheaper than texting

Date: 2006-03-04 12:33 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] charientia.livejournal.com
Mmmm... McGreasy! You thought about North end/Northend? Although that would involde the Doom!Public Transport system... - Oooh! Apply to the Cinema in Cosham again - free movies! Can't do thurs afternoon i'm afraid as I have to cover someone's holiday - will txt u sun about nxt week.

Re: Cheaper than texting

Date: 2006-03-04 05:30 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] flawedamythyst.livejournal.com
Cosham cinema looks like it's about to close. Again. Dad went there on thurs and all their heating was broken, and there were 8 people shivering in that one big screen downstairs. Also, there were no ads before the film, so even the advertisers have given it up.

Profile

flawedamythyst: (Default)
flawedamythyst

March 2016

S M T W T F S
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27 28293031  

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 27th, 2026 06:02 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios