Anne smirked and pulled her surprise out of the bag.
"Oh wow, that's so cool!" said Lucy, leaping up to gently stroke it. Anne set the flipchart up and pulled out six different colours of marker pens. Lucy became slightly over-excited.
"I thought we should write out a basic plan for our response. In different colours. Especially pink."
Lucy began to bounce. Dave pulled her down into a seat, where she continued to quiver with joy.
"Right, so, a crime occurs," said Anne, writing this on the board.
"There's some form of alarm or warning."
Louise interupted, "I've worked out what I'm doing with that, and it's going to be a mirror showing the thoughts of the bad guys."
"Ok, so, the person on duty notices this and assesses what response is needed. Then they contact any others they might need and they get to the base. They all go to the scene."
"They'll need to do that really quickly," noted Rachel, "Or we're just going to turn up at a load of places too late."
"The teleporting should be instantaneous," said Louise.
"So," continued Anne, "they arrive at the crime. They subdue the perpetrators and hand them over to the police."
"We'll need a way to contact the police which can't be traced," said Bryony, "We don't want them to find out who we are."
"We should have a dedicated mobile, which the on-duty person carries at all times," said Dave. "One without any connection to any of us."
"And then, it's back to the base for a cup of tea," said Anne, completing her diagram.
"Guys," said Natalie, "I have one slight issue with this. What am I meant to do in a crime situation? I can't really just go and be psychic at them till they give in."
"Yeah," added Rachel, "I'm not that sure that flying around them will help much either."
"You could take lessons in some form of fighting," said Lucy.
"Do any of us realy know what we can do with our powers? You might find that there's something you can do. Maybe Natalie can implant thoughts, such as 'surrender'."
"Oh no!" said Lucy, "Don't suggest that. You can't play with people's thoughts, that's creepy and wrong and cruel and horrible and..." Lucy trailed off with a shudder.
"Still, we should all go somewhere and practise the limits of our powers together. Somewhere we won't get seen..." said Bryony.
"We also really need a base."
"This all takes us back to money, and how we need some," said Dave.
"We could steal some money from criminals. Like drug dealers. We could turn up at a few exchanges, take the money and turn in the dealers," said Rachel.
"Ok," said Anne, referring to the flip chart, "We've still got some kinks to smooth out, but I think we're doing quite well."
