"Ok," said Louise, while Bryony put away her rough sketches of the uniforms she'd planned out. Everyone had agreed they were brilliant. "I was looking at how to keep our identities secret. It seems reasonably simple, so long as no one mentions anything to anyone and we take a few precautions."
She turned and stared at Natalie, "We should avoid dropping hints, or telling a bit, then clamming up. This has to be kept a complete secret and we should do everything we can to keep it that way." She turned to stare at Lucy. "Even if we're drunk."
"Yeah, yeah," said Lucy, "we got it. Don't tell anyone. You got anything more profound than that?"
"Yes," said Louise. "We all need infallible excuses for rushing off suddenly a lot. I've been...'studying' Smallville, and Clark's biggest problem is that he just disappears for no reason. Everyone should go home and think of a believable reason why they keep having to rush off whilst with family and friends. Or even in lectures or at work."
"I can't just rush off from work," said Natalie, "There'll be no one to look after my class."
"Well, there's a lot of us, and we don't really need all of us at any particular crime. We could probably work out some kind of rota system, so that there's always someone in control," said Dave.
"Well," said Natalie, "my ideas on how to detect crime requires having someone watching at all times."
"What else have you got?" said Rachel to Louise. "Most of it so far has been common sense."
Louise smiled. "I've been saving the best till last. It took me a while to get this right." She held up her wrist, where her silver bracelet dangled. She touched it with her other hand and whispered something.
"Wow!" said Bryony, "That's really cool!"
Where Louise had been standing, now stood a woman with long, dark hair, wearing a bright green catsuit. She did a little twirl.
"I've keyed my bracelet to produce this glamour whenever I activate it. I'm completely unrecognisable and I can change between this look and my actual self in an instant." She touched the bracelet again and changed back to Louise.
"And, we can do our costumes using these, so we don't have to actually make them, just design them and put the glamour in to our Amulets. Everyone needs to chooce a piece of jewellary that they can wear all the time and then there's no reason why we can't use them for other things as well, like some form of communication so we all know what's happening."
"Could we use them as Portkeys? So we can all get to the same place?" asked Anne.
Louise frowned. "I hadnm't thought of that. We should be able to. We'd have to key them all to something specific though. Perhaps if I use a modified location spell..." her voice trailed off and she looked thoughtful.
Dave looked slightly relieved. "That's a relief. I had nothing on how we were going to get to crimes."
"So," said Racehl, in a summing-up voice. "We all pick something to be our amulet, then we put this glamour spell on it, some form of communication and a teleporting spell. Isn't that most of our problems solved?"
"Well, yeah, I guess," said Lucy. "I was looking at money, but it doesn't look like we'll need much anymore."
"I was looking at how to detect crimes," said Natalie, "but I didn't get very far. Police scanners wouldn't work, cos by the time they find out about something, it's a bit late. Is there a spell we can use on that?" she looked at Louise.
Louise frowned. "I might be able to come up with something, with your cooperation. If I can use some of your telepathic abilities, narrow it down to criminal thoughts, and focus it on something we could listen to...or watch..."
"Well," said Anne, "Looks like we've solved everything."
"Or, rather, Louise has," muttered Lucy, slightly bitterly.
"Let's order pizza," said Anne, ignoring Lucy. "I really fancy some right now."
**********
So! Louise has solved all their problems! Or has she...?
If anyone's reading this, I need what you'd most likely use as your Amulet and there's still time to specify a name for yourself, if you haven't already.
no subject
Date: 2005-12-28 04:07 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2005-12-29 12:50 pm (UTC)Sorry.
no subject
Date: 2005-12-28 05:19 pm (UTC)Superstuff
Date: 2005-12-29 08:24 am (UTC)Bright Green catsuit - I like it! Although on the name thing... i'm going to have to go back and choose one at some point.
I like this when my character is all in charge and solves problems! (even if it is all only temporary and we know it's going to go horribly wrong somewhere down the line)