Well, I finally got round to trying out my new T shirt pens, and it seems the woman in the shop lied to me, which is irritating, especially as she did it in the tone of voice designed to let me know I was an idiot for not knowing. The yellow one does not come out on black, there by making the purchase of it, and a black T shirt, completely useless. Thanks, oh stupid woman in the Alton artshop. However, the blue one works quite well, so now I have a blue top with 'Horcrux' on it. Soon, soon I shal havce a green top with 'Don't make me get my flying monkeys.' Actually, I should put that on a blue one so I could wear it to Guides.
And, having had the vile purple and green blouse in my room for weeks now, they've finally decided to swop over uniforms at the Coop, so from now on, we'll all look slightly smarter, and slightly fouler.
I know you've all been waiting for this bit: Kitten saliva. Last night, in yet another desperate attempt to rid Mercury of fleas once and for all, I sprayed him with cat flea spray. However, the bit where it said 'don't let him lick himself for half an hour' seemed a little tough, considering how much cats like to lick themselves, especially after being sprayed with something, so I left it 5 mins then thought 'meh, nothing bad will happen'. Ten minutes later, Mercury was standing on the back of my rocking chair, dropping vast quantities of saliva onto the carpet. At this point panic set in, and also a little revulsion, so I took him into the bathroom (where the floor is easier to clean) and attempted to forcefeed him water. Harder than it may seem. Anyway, he's all fine now, and most of my house is spit-free, so now let's just cross our fingers that the fleas didn't survive.
And, having had the vile purple and green blouse in my room for weeks now, they've finally decided to swop over uniforms at the Coop, so from now on, we'll all look slightly smarter, and slightly fouler.
I know you've all been waiting for this bit: Kitten saliva. Last night, in yet another desperate attempt to rid Mercury of fleas once and for all, I sprayed him with cat flea spray. However, the bit where it said 'don't let him lick himself for half an hour' seemed a little tough, considering how much cats like to lick themselves, especially after being sprayed with something, so I left it 5 mins then thought 'meh, nothing bad will happen'. Ten minutes later, Mercury was standing on the back of my rocking chair, dropping vast quantities of saliva onto the carpet. At this point panic set in, and also a little revulsion, so I took him into the bathroom (where the floor is easier to clean) and attempted to forcefeed him water. Harder than it may seem. Anyway, he's all fine now, and most of my house is spit-free, so now let's just cross our fingers that the fleas didn't survive.
no subject
Date: 2005-09-04 09:48 pm (UTC)As for cat fleas, the onlky thing we found that works is the frontline stuff that you drip onto the back of the neck (the only place they can't lick) that and muchos grooming with flea comb and bowl of hot water. Or one of those electric combs, which are cool for the first ten mins, and then scary.
no subject
Date: 2005-09-05 10:45 am (UTC)And, I have some of that back-of-the neck stuff - it's going on today, and hopefully a combination of tablets/spray/combing and that stuff will prevail.
no subject
Date: 2005-09-05 01:54 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2005-09-06 05:11 pm (UTC)