The internet is still being very dodgy for me - it was working this morning,then cut out for most of the day, but is back now. *shrugs* I have no explanation.
I did, however, have time to watch the last episode of Spooks. Now, that is an AWESOME British TV program. I spent the last 5 mins with every muscle tensed. (It's about MI5, for those of you who don't know - very gritty and complex, with spies and terrorists and rogue CIA agents and twisted diplomats and everyone getting more and more stressed until they a) burn out or b) get killed.)
Also, I'm shallow, but...so many TV programs we get are American, so I get sick of the Great American Dream bull being shoved down our throats all the time - I love The West Wing, for example, but every time someone says 'the leader of the free world' or starts going on about 'we set an example for the rest of the world,' I want to throw something at the TV. Even if it's Leo, and I adore Leo. *pets Leo* Spooks, though...well, half the time, it's the Americans that are the bad guys (so much so that I spent the first 15 mins of this week's episode thinking 'wow, he's been surprisingly helpful for an American, and then was not at all surprised to find out he was Secretly Plotting Against Them.) It's nice and topical, and also they're not afraid to kill people off, which I approve of in a TV show. (Unless it's Andy, Kripke, you bastard.)
Uh, where was I? Yes. Watch Spooks. It rocks.
No internet this afternoon, as I said, so I wrote a bit more Coach Trip, in order to appease Alexia a bit (every time I talk to her I get more capslocking about it. I'm not sure whether I should be flattered or terrified of messing up the ending) and also the next part of Live-In Skin, as I've decided to call my SamnDean-in-Sam's-Body 'verse. If anyone is online right now, and bored, and wants to Beta it, that would be AWESOME.
I get antsy if it's been a while since I've posted fic, so I kinda want to post it soon. I guess I'm just needy for the comment!love.
Wow, this is a whole load of blather. Sorry guys.
I did, however, have time to watch the last episode of Spooks. Now, that is an AWESOME British TV program. I spent the last 5 mins with every muscle tensed. (It's about MI5, for those of you who don't know - very gritty and complex, with spies and terrorists and rogue CIA agents and twisted diplomats and everyone getting more and more stressed until they a) burn out or b) get killed.)
Also, I'm shallow, but...so many TV programs we get are American, so I get sick of the Great American Dream bull being shoved down our throats all the time - I love The West Wing, for example, but every time someone says 'the leader of the free world' or starts going on about 'we set an example for the rest of the world,' I want to throw something at the TV. Even if it's Leo, and I adore Leo. *pets Leo* Spooks, though...well, half the time, it's the Americans that are the bad guys (so much so that I spent the first 15 mins of this week's episode thinking 'wow, he's been surprisingly helpful for an American, and then was not at all surprised to find out he was Secretly Plotting Against Them.) It's nice and topical, and also they're not afraid to kill people off, which I approve of in a TV show. (Unless it's Andy, Kripke, you bastard.)
Uh, where was I? Yes. Watch Spooks. It rocks.
No internet this afternoon, as I said, so I wrote a bit more Coach Trip, in order to appease Alexia a bit (every time I talk to her I get more capslocking about it. I'm not sure whether I should be flattered or terrified of messing up the ending) and also the next part of Live-In Skin, as I've decided to call my SamnDean-in-Sam's-Body 'verse. If anyone is online right now, and bored, and wants to Beta it, that would be AWESOME.
I get antsy if it's been a while since I've posted fic, so I kinda want to post it soon. I guess I'm just needy for the comment!love.
Wow, this is a whole load of blather. Sorry guys.
no subject
Date: 2007-12-19 02:18 am (UTC)West Wing is probably the #2 show in my house, right after Boston Legal; my parents like it enough that my mom got the second season for my dad for his birthday. (Supernatural, sadly, comes in after those two and South Park, since I'm the only one who watches it.)
no subject
Date: 2007-12-19 02:51 am (UTC)You must think I have no whatsoever.
It's true, I don't.
Please don't stare.....
no subject
Date: 2007-12-19 12:00 pm (UTC)I offered drabbles again... and ended up writing YED/John. O.o I wish you'd been here so I could have stressed at you about it. Please go and read it and tell me what you think...
Aussie TV is so bad that American Tv is good by comparison. But UK tv is the best. Not that I need to stroke your evil cultural ego anymore. lol.
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE COACH TRIP!!! And I'm quite sure the end will not be bad. Don't stress.
♥
no subject
Date: 2007-12-19 04:22 pm (UTC)*shrugs* Mind you, it's kinda cute how all jingoistic and excitable you are about patriotism. Everyone in Europe is just slightly tired of the whole thing, and faintly embarrassed about the whole thing. I guess we've just got too many centuries of really stupid mistakes and even stupider rhetoric to look back on to be able to be able to pretend that our country should be taken as a pattern for how all countries should be.
West Wing...man, I love the West Wing. I never got into fandom, but I've seen most episodes far too many times.
no subject
Date: 2007-12-19 04:23 pm (UTC)(And, really, I'm not one to talk. My life has pretty much evaporated these days.)
no subject
Date: 2007-12-19 04:27 pm (UTC)I saw your drabbles, but haven't had a chance to read them - I'll do it now, unless it all crashes again. John/YED...heh. I adore you, sweetpea.
HEEEE!!! EVIL CULTURAL EGO FOR THE WIN!!
Yes, Coach Trip. *stresses* I'm actually starting to drop hints about who the bad guy might be now, which is a little crazy. Course it's hard to judge subtle/obvious, so you'll have to tell me when you read Chapter Six if you have any ideas yet. Course, now I've said there's hints, you'll be looking. *sigh*
no subject
Date: 2007-12-19 09:22 pm (UTC)i'm still free. other than painting the last of my christmas-y crafts/presents, i've nothing else exciting to do. send it my way!!!
no subject
Date: 2007-12-19 09:36 pm (UTC)It was all fleshflutter, she made me do it! At first I really thought I wouldn't be able to do it, then I just started writing... and I guess it turned out ok...
*sigh*
Hahah! Ok, well, I've been trying to work out who your baddie is, but it's hard, and that's a good thing, right?
♥
no subject
Date: 2007-12-20 03:25 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2007-12-20 03:28 pm (UTC)I wrote yet more Coach Trip last night - added some Brotherly Banter. After all, what is Sam/Dean without Brotherly Banter? Later today, if I have time, there might be Important Plot Points: Revealed!
Or, there might just be more Brotherly Banter. Maybe some Loving Touching Concealed As Pretence. *shrugs* Either way, there won't be kayaking.